Fan happiness: Dom lunching with Liev Schreiber in Australia, yay for new co-stars!
Book that got me through the long day of tests: Beat Until Stiff - a really good murder mystery set in San Francisco, written by a friend of mine. The insights into the SF restaurant scene are fascinating and I even like the first-person narration, which usually bugs me.
Other things that have been amusing me:
- LOST (Evi and Naveen so pretty)
- Cashmere Mafia (Miranda's character getting feisty again)
- Torchwood (everyone is so pretty, story so OTT)
- A Bit of Fry and Laurie (both of them so young)
- Kingdom (Stephen Fry, much older, very soothing series for an Anglophile)
- 24 Hour Party People (Andy Serkis in a fun bit part, John Simm playing guitar and a love letter to Manchester!)
- State of Play (John Simm in the lead, being dedicated, the very pretty Kelly Macdonald being righteous, the very pretty James McAvoy being slightly incompetent, and a cameo of the song Turn by Travis: what's not to like?
ETA: Happy Birthday beizy!!!